Help conserve energy by adjusting your energy use to lower-demand times of the day. Making small changes can help even out energy use and avoid service interruptions caused by high demand.
Making small changes can help you save on your energy bills, decrease the chances of future rate increases and ease the strain on the power grid.
TIPS on how to adjust energy use during the day:
Before 8:00 a.m.
- Use the oven
- Do Laundry
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Close window coverings
- Unplug Appliances not in use
After 3:00 p.m.
- Grill supper outdoors
- Use countertop appliances or a microwave (instead of the oven)
- Turn off circuit breakers for electric hot water heaters (Water will remain hot for hours; turn the breaker back on later)
After 8:00 p.m.
- Wash dishes
- Set the dishwasher or other appliances to start after 10:00 p.m.
- Charge your electric vehicle