Small Business Owners & Agricultural Producers
The Kansas Energy Program was established through a partnership with the Kansas Corporation Commission, Kansas State University, and the U.S. Department of Energy, to aid small business owners & agricultural producers in energy efficiency improvement projects and renewable energy systems.
The team at the Kansas Energy Program can help navigate tricky applications that go along with applying for federal funds such as the Rural Energy for America Program (REAP), working with you and with the government on your behalf.
They provide at no cost, the following services:
- Conduct a free energy assessment.
- Provide a technical report with energy and cost savings calculations.
- Use that report to prepare the USDA REAP Grant application, or other grants as applicable.
- Work with you and the USDA to resolve any issues.
- Prepare the application for your signature and deliver to USDA.
REAP funds specifically provide loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses for renewable energy systems or to make energy efficiency improvements.
Energy efficiency funds may be used for the purchase, installation and construction of high efficiency HVAC systems, insulation, lighting, cooling or refrigeration units, doors & windows, electric, solar or gravity pumps for sprinkler pivots, switching from diesel to electric irrigation motors, replacement of energy inefficient equipment.
For more information, visit www.kansasenergyprogram.org or call 785-532-4998.