Scholarships & Donations
Lane-Scott Electric Scholarship
Lane-Scott Electric Cooperative believes in educating the leaders of tomorrow. For this reason, Lane-Scott Electric awards two $500.00 scholarships a year to those pursuing a career in the electric utility field. The deadline is April 30th.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Current seniors or high school graduates
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited university or college, including junior, community, vocational or technical college
- Scholarship merit is based on G.P.A., achievements, extra-curricular activities, community, and school involvement
- Anyone may apply, but preference will be given to those in the Lane-Scott Electric Cooperative, Inc. service territory and the City of Dighton
- Recipients will be eligible for one award only
All applicants will be considered on the criteria without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, national origin, or existence of physical handicap.
Applications can be mailed to: Scholarship Committee, Lane-Scott Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 758, Dighton, KS 67839
If you have any questions concerning scholarships, please contact Ann Marie Jennings at 800.407.2217 or email@example.com
Glenn English Scholarship - Youth Tour Alumni Scholarship
If you are a previous youth tour participant, have received academic credits equal to at least one year of college, having completed at least one semester at an accredited university or college as a full-time student you are eligible to apply. For more information and to apply, click on the logo below.
The application period is from mid-December 2019 - midnight April 1, 2020.
Lane-Scott Electric believes in giving back to the community. In 2018, Lane-Scott Electric supported the Lane County Fireman's Ball, Ness City Relay for Life, U.T.I.C.A. May Day Parade, Lane County Historical Society, Hodgeman and Lane County 4-H livestock sales, Brownell Labor Day Parade, Knights of Columbus, Kansas 4-H Foundation, Pheasants Forever, Western Plains Post-Prom, Ness County BBQ Contest, Dighton High School Power Lifting, Kansas Agriculture and Rural Leadership, and the National Strategic Selling Institute's "Coming Together For a Cure."